Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was the absolute best we have had in a long time.
It could be that the weather is gorgeous.
Or that none of us were sick, luckily.

On Saturday, Rachel and I took the boys to the mountains and Pigeon Forge.
We forgot that it was spring break and the outlets might be crowded.
We trudged on dragging screaming 3 year olds behind us, who were in serious need of a nap, until we couldn't stand it anymore.
Don't let it fool you, we were only there a little over an hour!
But we drove the length of Pigeon Forge twice and got to see a bunch of new to us additions.
We had a bite at Denny's and drove through Krispy Kreme.

Then we decided to head to Cades Cove and crossed our fingers that the boys would pass out from sheer exhaustion.
Eventually they did.
It was amazing.



Between a meltdown at the Disney store and trying to figure out how to leave, we spotted a small carousel.
Score!
50 cents and both boys are thrilled.
Love how it's always the smallest things.





Our view while driving Rich Mtn Rd and enjoying the quiet serenity.


We also had a bear sighting, a mother and 2 cubs.
Rachel spotted them while I was attempting to pee in nature, so not good at that!
She said "Bear"
I said "Huh?"
She said "Bear?"
I said "Knock it off. I'll be done in a second"
She said "Dude, no really, bears!"

Thank god they were across a gulley from us, but we had a fantastic view.
Then we saw the cubs.
They were all slowly meandering our way so we decided to get the boys out of the car for a quick view.
We're smart like that.
On our behalf, they were still quite a ways off.
Anyhoo, it was amazing.
Rupert declared "It was a happy bear, not an angry one"
:)


Sunday was great too.
We went with our friend Susan to her Mamaw's for Sunday lunch and ran a few errands.
After that we planted a small garden in the front yard.
I always have a small flower bed, so we extended that by a foot or so and mixed in some potting soil and vegetable food.
Then we planted 4 sprouts each of cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.
We finished by edging it with flowers.

Usually I have a black thumb of death for all things green but have had decent luck with that bed.
Maybe the soils good.
Don't know, don't care.
I'm just hoping for a little harvest!



Oh! And my gnome is named David, after the 90's childrens show.



Then I tried my hand at spray painting a tray that my mother gave me.
It was super windy.
Particules of tree, pollen and newspaper all made there way to my pretty orange tray.
I used almost an entire can of Krylon and am not too thrilled with the results.
Guess I'll just have to try again later.
Oh well.







Also, I have been rocking this CD all day...
If you like Glee you should certainly invest in the soundtracks.






1 comment:

  1. I like the tray. I really like the color. I love Cades Cove too. I wish we lived closer to TN. It's one of my favorite states.

    ReplyDelete