Monday, March 14, 2011

Play Time

While out running around on Sunday, I decided that we should stop by AC Moore.
My friend Rachel informed me that they have a ton of kid crafts for $1...
So we picked out a few and headed home (after a melt down over a $35 firefighter costume)
The first one we did was a skull necklace.

Rupert was so excited that he would hardly stop jumping!


We also played in the yard for awhile on Sunday.
Cut down some dead branches and between dragging them out to the curb, we killed monsters with them.

Then I got the idea to try and look in this hole on the tree, well, I'm short.
So Chris says "why don't you just climb the tree?" BRILLIANT!
I had not climbed a tree since elementary school.
This tree is not particularly large or difficult but I felt like I had accomplished something.
I also felt so youthful and childlike from the absurd amount of enjoyment in something as simple as climbing a tree and looking in a hole.




I also sewed the cover for me ereader.
If you look closely its super franken-stitched BUT I did it!
And by hand!
The first thing that I've really sewn in 10 years.
Ha!




Overall, it was a fantastic weekend.
I always hate going back to work on Monday.
Not because I dont' love my job but because I want to play in the sunshine with my boys all day every day!
Oh well.
Guess it's time to get back to the grind.
Coffee....









No comments:

Post a Comment