Thursday, March 10, 2011

The weather has been slightly off kilter this spring (I guess it always is)
Last week it was in the 70s
Then there was flash flooding
Then it was just rainy
Now they're calling for snow tonight (none of which will stick)
And I think it's just thrown everything off.

This morning, while it was raining, Rupert and I were driving to his daycare when all of a sudden traffic comes to a screeching halt.
I figured there was a wreck, so I pulled in to the nearest gas station and filled up because I was totally on E.
When we got back on the road we saw half a dozen squad cars go by and you could make out a fire truck in the distance.
While I was talking to Rupert about strangers, I was also hoping that everyone up there was not hurt.

After 15 minutes or so (in this area of less than a quarter mile) we finally saw what was wrong.
This...

That's not good.
 
 
Then we saw this...
 
 
Scary!!

That's Maynardville Hwy/ 33 north bound at around 7:45 this morning

One of my friends on fb said that she was driving through there when they sparked and fell.
There were tree branches on the ground but nothing huge so Idk if it was part of a landslide off that ridge or what but OMG.

THEN it sure did take me 45 minutes to get from Halls to Sutherland Ave which is all of 15 miles.
Yuck yuck yuck.
Traffic was just outrageous and since I live in a city with no real traffic, I have no patience for it.
I'd see it backed up for a mile and turn around and go down a back road... then it'd be backed up there but with no way out at that point.
All I wanted was my coffee.
Is that too much to ask???

Hopefully everyone is safe out there today.
Traffic and news reports are saying that it's insanity with landslides, flooding, house fires, you name it.
Be safe!







No comments:

Post a Comment