Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starting Over

I got a good 12 inches into knitting the pocket for my ereader when I realized that it was way too wide.
So I had to tear it apart.
An act that always makes me sad.
You're basically throwing away hours of work.
Boo.
But I did and started over with less stitches.
Still haven't quite figured out how to calculate how many stitches equal an inch.
I've found a few blogs and helper websites but nothing like a basic calculator.
When you are trying to calculate exchange values or even translating something there's a calculator.
Why isn't there one for knitting?
It should be the size of your needles, width of your yarn and how many inches you need and it'll tell you how many to cast on.
Shoot, I don't know... it's just kind of frustrating.
Plus, I'm not naturally crafty and I am super bad at math so unless someone can explain it to me in basic addition/subtraction/multiplication, then I'm lost.


That is so not exciting.




4 comments:

  1. I just cracked up laughing and this is why Kate doesn't knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, my friend at work knits like CRAZY. She's insanely good. She's currently knitting a shawl and it's stunning. I cannot knit at all, or crochet. I just make long chains. hehe

    And I love qvc. If you buy something and hate it, you can refund it, no questions asked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?! I've never ever bought from there or even looked there. It's online right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yepper or on tv, but online is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete