Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back To The Grind

After having 5 days off with the little boogie, we are all back to the grind today. Chris was in Alabama Wednesday-Saturday, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather on Sunday by going to the zoo! Rupert missed his Daddy alot while he was gone so this was the PERFECT way to have some family time (besides snuggling in the bed of course!) Rupert did OK, not great, with the entire experience. He's becoming extremely obstinate and our main issue while trying to see all of the cool animals at the zoo was that he wanted to run all by himself. There were alot of I-do-its and No's... but we still had a blast. He's just testing his boundaries and exerting his independence. That's normal right?? RIGHT??? Mom always said that the 3s were a million times worse than the 2s, so that's what I try to remind myself of, as well as how stressed and weird these last few weeks have been.
Rupert and I spent yesterday snuggling on the couch and playing swords with colored pencils. Ru also spent an hour or so with GG while I went to the doctor for this crazy allergic reaction kinda bumps I've been getting. The doc said it was probably a topical reaction so he gave me a shot and a prescription and sent me on my way... we'll see if it works... the bumps show up after I eat and itch like chicken  pox, it sucks to say the least.
Chris in the meantime has been running his non-existent butt off. When he got the news about Pawpaw on Wednesday he packed his bags and drove to Nashville after work to catch a ride with Brian on Thursday morning to Alabama... so it breaks down like: Up at 630 and work from 8-5, pick up Rupert, receive devastating info about Pawpaw, pack bags, eat a quick dinner and drive to Nashville. That's a baaaad day. They drove the 10+ hour trek on Thursday and the funeral was Friday. Then they drove back to Nashville on Saturday with an extra 3 hours or so for Chris to get home from there... Ugh. Poor kid's had a really rough week.
So let's just hope that this week is really super duper quiet compared to the last few for us!
Shew! I'm pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment