Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 07

Yes, I am getting ahead of schedule but that's the only way  I will ever get all 50 days done. Otherwise, I'll get too busy or something will come up and it won't get done. That's just how I function. I get it done ahead of time and don't have to worry about deadlines. So just hang in there...


Day 07- A picture of your most treasured item

"Most treasured item" That makes this sound like a materialistic item. So I'm not going to post any more pictures of my family and just go with the way that I am interpreting this right now. Stuff. I like stuff. :)


My car, a 2007 Dodge Caliber. It has a refrigerator in the glove compartment, a spot to hook up my Ipod, but is otherwise just totally basic. I love it. The back end is covered in bumper stickers and I catch people starting all the time. Also, this is on the dashboard.... hehehehehe....


Enlightenment on a spring! Hehehehe. Oh and a rainbow air freshener that reads "I'm not gay, I just really like rainbows" :)









My wedding ring. I love nothing more than my super pretty ring! It is not the ring that we actually got engaged/married with. That one had 3 diamond baguettes on either side of this diamond and was set in platinum. We found out after my usual wear and tear (I'm a little rough) that platinum sucks! It's the most malible of metals and therefore would bend and my diamonds would fall out! Yikes! So after Rupert was born and it was pretty obvious that it wasn't fitting these fingers again, I had it reset in white gold with more a more antique look. 




BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER. Stephanie gave this travel mug to me for my birthday this year and it's the best cup ever in the history of traveling coffee! It's from Starbucks and costs an arm and a leg, but its 100% worth every penny! This baby will keep your coffee hot for HOURS, like 4 or more. Not luke warm but HOT. I use it all day every day and couldn't live without it if I tried.



Meet my DVR. This is the greatest invention in the history of the earth. I currently have 30 episodes of Criminal Minds, 4 episodes of Chuck, 3 episodes of Family Guy, 2 episodes of Glee, 1 episode of Oprah and also some random movies and other shows that I currently can't remember. This is such a staple of our everyday lives that it's ridiculous. When Rupert is watching a cartoon and has to go to the bathroom he says "Mommy, plause it!" Yep, the 3 year old knows he doesn't have to miss vital moments of his show when going to the bathroom or taking a shower. (sigh, he's corrupted)




I don't have a scanner, but if I did, there would also be a picture on here of the 5 generation picture that my grandmother gave to me one Christmas. It was taken by a photographer for a newspaper after I was born. It's pretty rare to have 5 generations so I just treasure it. It was me, Dad, Grandma, Great Grandma and Great Great Grandma.... how cool is that!?!!?

I have tons, tons, tons of pictures in boxes. Jewelry that was MY GG's. A crystal punch bowl that my other GG gave to my Grandmother for her wedding. Etc, etc, etc. There are other personal mementos that I cherish, but these are my every day life ones that get used ALOT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment