Monday, February 7, 2011

Splurge!

What a perfect summary of this weekend! Payday on Friday and by Sunday night you're broke! Oopsie doodle!
It was just one of those weekends when you need everything. So I guess it's not really a splurge but it feels like it.
Had to get groceries, dog food, Valentine's Day stuff, ate out a time or two, etc etc...
Oh and this weekend also marked the momentous occasion of my worst idea ever. Yep, so true!
I decided that on Saturday we should take Rupert and Roger down to Victor Ashe and let them run. Why is this a bad idea?? Well gee, the wind was whipping like I was in downtown Chicago (and just as cold) AND the dog doesn't answer when you call him. So we get out there and let Roger off the leash to run and play and within 30 minutes Rupert is frozen solid and we are ready to leave. How do you get a dog on a leash at a 2 acre dog park when he doesn't listen? You have to basically wait it out. Chris and I had to take turns standing out in the cold cold wind trying to call/chase/corner Roger until he finally gave in and got just a touch too close to Chris. He grabbed him and we got the heck out of there. It was flippin brisk. Like the kind of wind that makes your head hurt. Owie. I should have known that it wouldn't turn out well since he doesn't like to come in from his own backyard, but I think NO, let's take him to a public dog park that's huge and then try to make him leave... solid idea on my part. Grrr...
Rupert was out of this world for the last two days. He was just randomly hysterical. I loved it!
Saturday morning we were up bright and early. After watching cartoons and making myself some coffee, I decided I would try to sneak back to bed and snuggle with Chris for awhile. I was only in the bed 5 minutes when Rupert comes running down the hall yelling something about whatever was on tv. We were treated to some super funny ramblings though, so it was totally worth it. Rupert stood in the mirror with his pj top unbuttoned and said "No cape, just wings" Hehehehee. Where did that come from? No idea! Chris and I tried to coax him back to bed with us for a little while for family snuggle time and he told Chris "No hugs, I'm Batman" It was grand!
Rupert also gave me a lesson on porcupines being our friends and was very insistent that he should wear Daddy's cologne on his bum. Ah, to be a toddler. I love the thought process.
We also went to Mom and Dad's last night to watch the Super Bowl. Why?? Because I had to root against the Packers (sucky sucky sucky Green Bay) and to also catch up on where our culture currently stands by watching Half Time and the multi-million dollar commercials. Needless to say, I was sorely disappointed. Black Eyed Peas live are HORRIBLE, like baaaaaaaaaaadddd. Why would anyone ever pay to see them in concert??!??! Usher rocked my socks off for the 15 seconds that he was on stage but that's only because, wait, he has some talent. Wowza.
Otherwise, we spent the weekend hanging out with our friend Susan and running errands. Then back to work today.
It's an exciting life we lead. :)






                                                                       Early bird!



                                                                       Who me??

No comments:

Post a Comment