Friday, February 18, 2011

I knit a hat!!!

That's right, I did it! Don't be jealous! It's circular! Whew hoo!
OK, so usually I wouldn't get all peppy and super excited about a baby hat, but you know what?? I've been knitting squares and rectangles (blankets and scarves) for almost a year now. This is my first time learning new stitches. So I'm pretty damn thrilled. I thought it would be a lot harder than it is. Don't get overly excited, it's not super fancy or even has cool patterns. Nope just a basic baby hat. What's up!?!?!

I tried figuring it out on my own last night. It turned into a giant triangle that I stitched up anyway and it was like an elfish/mullet hat but then I had an epiphany... its a Barbie size sleeping bag. So I'm going to give it to Keira. :)


So when it was obvious that I couldn't wing it because I don't know enough about knitting, I did what anyone in my position would do... call GG.
She gave me the basics and said when I finished that to call her. Well it was 10:30 last night, so I didn't call. I put the knitting away and went to bed. So at 8 am this morning, I rang her up and said "what next?" she walked me through the part that I had messed up the night before.
Unfortunately, I don't have a needle big enough to hold my yarn so I rigged it a little and used regular old thread.
It's still a hat though and I think it's beautiful!!!


                                                      Being modeled on my coffee cup to
                                                      show its amazing circular form!!





                                                      My gloating/don't be jealous look

No comments:

Post a Comment