Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 09

Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.


Wow, this 50 picture thing is getting to me... mostly because it's never just one person and I can never ever find pictures of certain people that I want to include. Arg.
OK, confession time... I'm doing alot of this at... well, not at home... so I don't have access to the pics on my computer. I also don't have access to fb so I can't pull anything from there. Ugh.
This isn't everyone so just work with me, ok?



 


Granny Stavitzke
My mom's mom. She's a great old fashioned granny. She refers to herself in third person, as Granny. She cooks good down home food, she doesn't mind if you bring dirt in the house. She wants to kids to play with her belongings and doesn't even mind if they break. She's one of a kind. You can call her with a ridiculous amount of medical questions and she usually knows something as she worked as a CNA for a long time. She got married to the love of her life at 16 and had all 3 of their children before 21 and suffered and strived to survive. When you sit next to her she will comb your hair and hold your hand. She's always up for a snuggle and really likes it when you paint her nails. She's a wonderful example of a simple southern granny in the best kind of way.



Daddy
I don't care how old I get, whenever I am around my Dad I feel like a little bitty girl looking up to her daddy the hero. We've definitely had our share of rough times, you know from the time I could talk until about the time I married Chris :) But it was only because we are the same person (besides that he's a Republican, blegh) I try not to have regrets, but I was a hellion to say the least and I wish I could take back all of the horrid things I ever said to my parents. It's only now I know that they were right and I can see how much they struggled to give us a good life and how they really did only want what's best. My Dad's the hardest working guy I know. He's the handiest guy I know. He's a man's man. He's my Daddy.



Mommy, Mom, Ma, Momma... she goes by just about anything you want to call her, she'll always answer when you call and always try to help. She's a fighter. When mom was diagnosed with breast cancer it was the worst day of my life. Nothing, NOTHING compares to thinking that one of your parents really may not be there forever. For real looking death in the face thing. She fought the whole time. She also tried her damndest to work full time delivering mail while undergoing chemo and radiation. She never ever quit and she won. She's one of the lucky ones, like her mom before her. My mommy's fun to laugh with, cry with, chat with, dance with, shop with, drink with, sing with... it just goes on and on. We talk everyday on lunch and it's never the same conversation. She's everything I hope I grow up to be and I just hope I can be half the mom she's been to me. 




Chris, Julie and Reese
In each of their own special ways they have helped me throughout the years.
Chris has been there through thick and thin. I've been a shit and he's loved me anyway. He's my husband and I love him more everyday.
Julie, well, she was there the night Chris and I met and she's been there ever since. She's been uber-supportive of all of our decisions and has been a wonderful and caring friend to Chris for so many years now. She also has carnie hands and you've got to love that ;)
Reesie Piecie! Her and I have been through some stuff. Having been friends since my freshman year of high school... its definitely been interesting. It's really interesting that we never ended up in jail! We've laughed and cried. Shared boyfriends, though not intentionally. Lived together for a short time. She's Rupert's godmother and one of my bffs.




Stephanie. Let's see.... um, we've been friends for at least 10 years. We are almost completely opposite. She's a conservative christian and I'm a liberal agnostic. We work together, play together, laugh together. We drink way too much coffee. We knit! She was there for me when I started losing friends and family and she always has a level head and calms my fears and frustrations. She's my Stephie-bear :) We're the perfect example of opposites attracting! Hehehehe





People not included on this list only because I couldn't find a flipping picture: Adrienne, best friend of 15 years; Melissa, best friend of 25 years; Ryan, best friend of 22 years; Aunt Pam- family and my exact copy (or vice versa)











2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me but not a pic of me :) (unless it's old, of course lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom looks identical to your sister.

    ReplyDelete