Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 04

Day 04 - A picture of your best night.

Um, so there is absolutely too many and I'm having some photo difficulties right now... so there aren't any pictures of the wedding/honeymoon/Rupert's arrival... but you know that those count. Let's just get on with the ones I have.

This picture was taken at our friends Jenny and Josh's house when Rupert was only a month or two old. It was a much needed, super fun family night. Of course, the guys set up Rupert like this and took the picture to demonstrate how small he was... they're dorks :)

This was on a very rare night out with the hubby. We were at Preservation Pub waiting to see The Vibraslaps perform and meeting some friends there. The band and drinks were great and we laughed, danced and basically had a blast!

I don't remember much about this night... but ANY night with my Reesie is always a favorite. As you can see we are outrageously goofy and spend entire evenings laughing about ridiculous things, watching tv and eating junk food. Its like high school never ended for us. I love her to bits.

The night that I received this autograph picture from Topol AKA Tevye from Fiddler On The Roof was amazing. It was an overwhelming rollercoaster of emotions. You think I'm lame, I know I am... but I grew up watching this movie. Like literally multiple times a year for as long as I can remember. I know every word... So one day I decided to google Topol and just see what he was doing nowadays... well I found his address. Of course I had to to write a fan letter. It was a mushy gushy, your work has affected my life in ways you can't imagine kind of letter. A few short weeks later I received this in the mail. I screamed, I cried, I called my family. You would have thought I won the lottery. That's just how much I love Fiddler and especially Topol. Hearing his voice, to me, is like hearing your father or grandfather. Its comforting, reassuring, loving... even if it is the same words over and over... its just a voice that's always been in my life and I adore him.

This is one of my all time favorite photos, so I just had to add it.
Rupert was being all lovey dovey, mommy hold me, and was obsessed with kisses that night.
I wish every night could be like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment