Friday, February 4, 2011

5 Question Friday

I should be working but instead I am completely and unabashedly stealing this from Katherine, thanks doll!





1) Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love?
Funny story, not one for the kids, so let's lighten it up a little and give the basics...
A month or so previous, my boyfriend of 3+ years and I broke up, needless to say I was devastated. I was hanging out with a girlfriend and it was Cinco de Mayo so she decided it would be a swell idea to get my depressed butt out of the house and go to Downtown Grill and Brewery to get hammered. (I was 20 at the time) So we get all whored up and go downtown with the intention of shooting pool and getting smammered. We get there and the joint is PACKED, so we are in line for the pool tables... standing off to the sides and figure out who is leaving next... when lo and behold Candace sees someone she knows. So he invites us over to play pool at their table and we get to meet all his friends. Some of these guys were Bill Nye look a likes who were smitten with the half dressed, slightly drunk girls; we got lots of free drinks that night! While we are chatting and getting to know these people I notice this tall drink of water standing in the corner with a shaved head, a tattoo and a black tshirt. I thought he was super cute and intriguing. I was also wondering why in the world he wasn't paying any attention to us!! At some point he finally joined the conversation of show and tell tattoos. Candace and I hit it off with all of the guys (and Julie) so when they announce last call we get invited back to "the porch" for more drinking and festivities.
I was so out of it that I thought "the porch" was a bar on campus that I had never heard of. There's your first clue that I shouldn't have been driving... my bad. It was the front porch of this old house in the fort that was all decked out with Christmas lights and had a couch and chairs. It was fab!
Anyhoo, we get back there and do alot more drinking, had some great drunken sing-a-longs while Chris played the guitar and people slowly started pairing off and or leaving. This is where the story gets edited... let's just say that Chris and I ended up together.
The next day as I was leaving I was trying to be all smooth and "I guess I'll see you around" well he totally blows my mind by saying "why don't you just come back?" Ha! So I took Candace home, stopped by my apartment to clean up quickly and went back over. We ended up talking for hours and spent the day on the front porch enjoying the sun and warm weather.
6 months later he moved into my apartment, 6 months after that we were engaged and a year after that we were married. Rupert came a year and a half later :)
He's a genius, a dork, hysterical and by far the most amazing man I've ever met. I am still wondering what the heck he's doing with me! 



2) What is your favorite room in your house?
We have a teeny little house but the living room is definitely my favorite room. Its where we all spend our waking hours and its central to all of the other rooms in the house. It has a picture window so there's always lots of warm light. There's also a big tree right outside the window, so you can watch the seasons come and go, sigh, its so peaceful when no ones there!! Also, there's the tv, which I am outrageously addicted to, and the couch that sucks me and makes me pass out early too many nights a week. It's also completely scattered in random toys that Rupert has dragged out of his bedroom. You do have to dodge the cars, dinosaurs, crayons and other toy bits on the floor. Its never ever clean but we basically exist in that one space, so I don't care.



3) Can you wiggle your ears?
Nope, sure can't. I remember trying it when I was a kid and still can't do it. I just move my eyebrows and forehead alot, looks like I have a nasty twitch or something... ears never move though. Damn.


4) What is your evening ritual?
Ha, um... no ritual to speak of but there's the very generic format of our evenings...
One of us picks up Rupert from daycare on our way home, usually Chris bc he gets off of work 30 minutes before me. Then one of us cooks dinner. Also, been Chris alot recently. We eat and watch tv while playing with Rupert, knitting, paying bills, light cleaning and the other million things that randomly get done or undone while we are sitting there. Until around 8ish when generally Rupert and I get in the shower to get all cleaned up and then we are back to the couch in our pjs and milk. We turn the lights off and usually turn on something that Chris and I want to watch aka boring tv for Rupert. He falls asleep on the couch with me and then we move him to his bed. I may or may not be awake at this point, depending on the evening. If I am then we might watch another show of ours or call it a night and head to bed. Either way, Chris is always the first up and the last to bed. He's too good to me.



 
5) How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
It's gotten so much worse as I get older. It used to be just a few and I would do fine. Nope, not any more. Now I need a solid 8 hours if you expect me to make it through the day. I am generally asleep by 10ish and wake up around 7. Of course I could sleep until 10 but nooooooooo, I have to go to work. Blegh.
I say that, but then on the weekend I am generally awake before Rupert. Arg.

 

                                                              Rupert takes after me :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that his head is under the pillow. haha!
    And I nearly died laughing at how you met Chris!

    ReplyDelete