Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yes, He Just Did That

Rupert... Oh my... he is definitely becoming a handful AND a mouthful! Yesterday on our way to daycare we were having a little chat about being nice to our friends and listening and respecting our teachers, Rupert sure did look straight at me and say "blah blah blah" then proceeded to cover his ears and look away! Where would he even get that?!?!? We don't say blah blah blah, holy cow!! THEN today when I dropped him off, I was speaking to Merry about his day yesterday and she said that he told another child to shut up and also threatened Miss Merry with a spanking. Yep. I have that child now. Dang. So I've been trying to read up on different ways to correct this behavior and I feel pretty stuck. He didn't pay any attention to us or care about standing in the corner after a few weeks so we slowly progressed to spankings (not big ones, just a small swat on the butt) but now I'm afraid that that is causing him to become more violent and mean with other children.
I sure don't remember life at his age but I hear I was "active" or in other words, a shit. So he comes by all of this behavior honestly. Maybe we need to put him in more activities... maybe we need to spend more quiet time with him... I honestly don't know the answer but I am seriously hoping that this phase will pass soon.
He's such a sweet little nugget when he wants to be and I love him to pieces. We have a great time together, it's just that once we leave the house the whole world turns upside down.
Oh well, I guess that's how it's just gonna go for awhile.
In the meantime, check out this cuteness...

1 comment:

  1. We have that problem too. He likes to give kids a toy and then snatch it back and yell "MY TOOOOOY". He doesn't hit D but he'll beat me up. I had a knot on my head from a block for a while. Try explaining that to coworkers. haha. I hope it's just a phase (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete