Thursday, February 10, 2011

Doctor Disasters

My poor little Rupert had to go the doctor again this week. Three bug bite looking things on his thighs that are worriesome because they are reminiscent of his staph infection this past summer and also a small amount of blood in his urine (just once).
I made an appointment to take him in yesterday afternoon at 4:15, we got there at 4 and it looked like a pediatric ER. People were lined up in the hallway with their children because there was no spaces left in the waiting room... sick or well! When we checked in they told me that they were running approximately 45 minutes late! Ok, what can you do?? I took Rupert to the stairwell and we went down to the main floor and got some "nutter cwackers" and played on the stairs for a bit. After that we played in the courtyard between buildings, follow the leader and singing the troll song from Dora. THEN we went out to the car and Ru sat in the front seat with me and I turned on the Fiddler soundtrack and found a few Indians that I thought we could play with. At this point I call the doctor's office from the parking lot to check our progress, its been an hour and a half since we checked in and we are informed that it will be at least another hour!  There's no way in the world that Rupert is going to make it another hour in the office building. So I cancelled the appt. and tried to reschedule for today but the earliest they had was 11:15. Since I don't have to be at work until 10 that's no good. There's just no way to swing it when I already missed two hours of work for nothing.
Now we are just keeping an eye on things because his 3 year check up is next Thursday.
It's just uber-frustrating to wait FOREVER and then find out we are supposed to wait some more. My nerves were shot and all of the other children were sick sick, like flu and strep, so I didn't really want Rupert playing with them either.
No. Fun.
On the bright side, last night was pool for Chris so Rupert and I had a mini Criminal Minds marathon, pizza for dinner and fun times in the tub with him singing the BIIIIIIG Itsy Bitsy Spider song, which means he uses his deep monster voice.
I am getting a little bit of Spring Fever as well and just can't wait on the warmer weather so we can spend time outside and run some energy out of the little man.
Also, tomorrow I have a meeting with the director of his daycare to discuss moving him downstairs to the 3-4 room! YAY! Everyone kind of thinks that one of the reasons he's acting out is because he's bored. We shall see.


Look who found my lipstick in the car!

Ru and Roger ready for bed

1 comment: