Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Chris and I celebrated Valentine's Day last night with a trip to Taste of Thai and a stop by Menchie's to try their rose flavored yogurt (so yummy). When we got home we got Rupert ready for bed and then watched Date Night (funny stuff). So on this, actual, Valentine's Day we will have a family night. Little gift bag for Rupert and making a point to sit and have dinner together. Maybe catch up on some junk from the dvr but overall it'll be a great night because, for us, it's not about going over the top and expressing emotions you don't show everyday. It's about being grateful for what you have and relishing the little things.
I am feeling a little mushy though and thought I'd post some of my favorite poems, songs, movies, etc...

Another Valentine by Wendy Cope
Today we are obliged to be romantic
And think of yet another valentine.
We know the rules and we are both pedantic:
Today's the day we have to be romantic.
Our love is old and sure, not new and frantic.
You know I'm yours and I know you are mine.
And saying that has made me feel romantic,
My dearest love, my darling valentine.


The Art Of A Good Marriage by Wilfred Arlan Peterson
Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.
A good marriage must be created. In marriage the little things are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands.
It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry. It is at no time taking the other for granted; the courtship should not end with the honeymoon, it should continue through the years. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is standing together facing the world. It is forming a circle of love that gathers the whole family.
It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is not looking for perfection in each other. It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humour.
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow old. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal, dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal. It is not only marrying the right partner; it is being the right partner.



These I Can Promise by Unknown
I cannot promise you a life of sunshine;
I cannot promise riches, wealth, or gold;
I cannot promise you an easy pathway
That leads away from change or growing old.

But I can promise all my heart's devotion;
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;
A love that's ever true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.





Your Song by Elton John
You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker
More Than Words by Extreme (don't judge me... I LOVE this song)
You're The First, The Last, My Everything by Barry White
Paperweight by Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk
Do You Love Me by Guster
Grow Old With Me by John Lennon











 








Other things that I love all the time...

     
Purple Tulips                                            Retro Owls


  
My new obsession                           Chris & I ADORE Chuck


No explanation necessary :)

  
Thai Food                                                Fannie May Trinidads







Oh and then there's these, without whom I would be nothing....


Rupert begged to wear lipstick on Sunday

Chris doesn't like posing for pictures















No comments:

Post a Comment