Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One day

Yesterday was a great day.
Especially for a Monday, hallelujah!

Work was quiet but fun.
Lunch was a little tedious, f*ck you Hardee's on Western.
BUT last night was great!

I stopped by Adrienne's house to see her, Wes and of course, little Averielle!
I had not seen them since she was born because I am a horrible, no good, very bad person.

Anyhoo, when I got there Agnes (Adrienne's wonderful momma) was there as well.
She always brightens my day.
She is the most loving, sweet, kind hearted person that this earth has ever seen.
When she caught me smoking in high school, instead of yelling or threatening or any of the other things parents tend to do... she cried because she "doesn't want me to die"
For real.

Ok, back on topic.
Adrienne is doing great.
She's still in some pain, but I told her, this next week will do amazing things for her healing and before you know it, you'll be on your feet again.
Wesley is relishing fatherhood.
Averielle has had him wrapped around her little finger since they first found out they were pregnant, but now that she's here he is head over heels in love.

I swear, Averielle has grown sooo much in one week!
Literally, she has grown half an inch and is almost back up to her birth weight.
She's doing wonderfully and is the cutest, sweetest, little bundle of joy ever.
(You may say I'm biased, but I don't think so)
Also, she is now betrothed to Rupert.
They are going to grow up, get married and give AA and I grandbabies.
We've got it all planned out (insert evil laugh here)

So yeah, I'll shut up and just show you the pictures.


Sweet nugget


Plotting the destruction of the world or just every boys heart?







Other randomness...

Chris and I watched Chuck last night.
It had been on the spring hiatus that all tv shows do before sweeps and we had been in serious withdrawals.
Chuck Bartowsky as a Volkhoff assassin... grand! :)


This morning I straightened my hair for the first time in probably a year.
I blow dried it after my shower last night to see how it would look this morning...
And it wasn't bad!
Ran a flat iron through it for 5 minutes and poof! Pretty hair!





I did say this was going to be random.


On to the next exciting thing.
Well, exciting for me anyway...

As I was getting ready to get ready I turned on the tv to see what was on.
Lo and behold, one of my favorite movies of all time.
Mine and Adrienne's celebrated series...
Scream 3.

That's right.
We've been in love with the Scream franchise since movie 1.
We have every intention on seeing 4 together in the theatres like we have the other 3 movies.

So after a great night with her, seeing Scream 3 on this morning just made me smile.
And of course I had to watch it.

I forgot how damn classic that movie is!
Patrick Dempsey is in it!
Jenny McCarthy.
Parker Posey.
Carrie Fisher!
I mean really.

Um, so yeah.
I was and am excited.

I might have to break out the first two and watch them tonight.
Oooooh, that sounds like fun!





In other randomness and things I am excited about, today I am going to have Ethiopian food for the first time.
There's a new-ish place down on Sutherland and I'm going at lunch.
Hell yeah!


Mmmmmmmm.... don't be jealous! :)







1 comment:

  1. oh my god, I LOVE Ethiopian food. LOVE IT! Also, need to seriously snuggle that little baby!

    ReplyDelete