Friday, April 29, 2011

MCQUEEN

I did not wake up at 4 am to start watching the Royal Wedding coverage.
I did set the DVR to record it though!
I figured that by the time I got to work, the whole thing would be said and done and I could see all the pictures online.
Which it was and I have!

 
So, I may not have been as obsessed as some but I was certainly excited.
I of course don't remember Di and Charles wedding but grew up with the pictures and her legacy.

The first headline I saw about the wedding was "Kate Wears McQueen"
I about died.
Of course, it was Sarah Burton from the Alexander McQueen fashion house and his team, since he has passed away, but it was a brilliant move by Kate.


McQueen represents modern edgy fashion, having designed pieces for SJP, Gaga, etc.
Yet the dress was so elegant and classic.
The cut reminded me of Grace Kelly.


News outlets are reporting that the lace making technique used for the sleeves is traditionally British.
The dress also included French Chantilly Lace and the bodice had hand cut lace appliques.


I also LOVE the Cartier tiara from the Queen that she wore.


This dress is going to set the fashion for weddings for the next few years, so brides pay attention!


The world just got schooled on being classy, elegant, youthful and demure with a modern flare.












No comments:

Post a Comment