Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend was super random and lots of fun.

On Saturday Rupert and I hung around the house in super chill fashion and watched movies until we HAD to get ready.
Chris bought me a ticket for Charlaine Harris and Dr Bass for Mother's Day and it was that night.
Sara and I were going together, so I had to get Ru ready to go to my parents for a bit and then pick up Sara so we could go eat super yummy Thai food before the signing.

It was sooo much fun.
The hall was packed and we saw all kinds of super hardcore fans.
Like HARDCORE.
It was good people watching for sure!

Dr Bass spoke for awhile about the Zoo Man murders and then his fingerprint analysis guy came up to speak as well.
They even had a slide show of all kinds of gross things from the crime scene.
Like original pictures.
Awesome!

Charlaine Harris was really funny and laid back but her thing was mostly question and answer.
It was interesting to hear what people had to ask.
I couldn't even think of anything, guess I'm not a big enough fan.
These people were serious about it.

After that we went to Shawn's birtday party.
It was complete insanity and we all had a blast.
Lots of drag queens, shots, dancing, etc.
Enough on that.

Sunday we had a play date with the Ganues family.
We love hanging out with them.
Their son is one month younger then Ru and they are super bffs.
Greg, Rachel and I have known each other since I was in high school.
Then add that Chris and Greg are both nerds.
It works out well for everyone!

Also, GG came home last night as well!
I was so excited to see her and she did her usual "Get off of me Jennifer"
YAY! She's baaaaaack! :)

Otherwise, I finally have a picture of Rupert and I on Mother's Day!!
I remembered Chris taking it but then immediately forgot to ask for him to send it my way.
So this weekend, randomly, he sends me the picture.
Made my day!!


We had such an amazing time.
There had to be a picture/memory to share :)


Also, this weekend I noticed that my garden is really really coming along.
Like there's vegetables growing in it.
Which means... I didn't kill them!
Whew hoo!
I never ever ever ever thought I'd see the day.
Ok, so they got this far but still have a bit til harvest and I'm trying not to count my eggs before they hatch BUT I have to have to share pics!

Yep, that's broccoli. Real honest to goodness broccoli!!
Whew hoo!


And don't laugh but I think this is the cabbage, but it could also be the cauliflower.
I don't remember and it seems like it looks awfully similar at this point.
But I think its cabbage.
It sure looks like cabbage.
I don't care.
It's growing!
YIPPEE!!!





1 comment: