Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cry Baby

I am yet to find out if it was just me, but I cried four times during last night's Glee.
I am not pregnant, or I'm not aware if I'm pregnant AND sweet Mary mother of god, I sure as heck hope I'm not pregnant... I shouldn't be! We use protection!

ANYWAY! My first cry was for the new itgetsbetter.org commercial.
Google Chrome sponsored the commercial and it opened with headlines on teen suicide, then clips of the adults and advocates telling their story.
These are always touching.
I can't imagine these kids struggles and it breaks my heart to think about what they have to go through, their internal struggle, etc.
I did OK, just a few tears until I saw this...


Then the waterworks really started.
I can't imagine anything more inspiring then these older people, people old enough to be our grandparents, who had no one to look up to. There was no mainstream media discussing homosexuality, let alone supporting it!

So yeah, that was truly inspiring and I highly recommend that everyone go to www.itgetsbetter.org and pledge to make a difference, share a story, show support in some faction to these kids.

Next up, Santana once again confessing her love to Britney through song.
It was Fleetwood Mac night, so she chose to sing "Songbird."



I cried! Oh did I cry!
Once again, her struggle. She's in love with her best friend and she wants to be with her but she's so afraid of what will happen to her reputation and how she'll be treated, that she's staying in the closet.
(Insert sad sobs here)

Then you found out that Sam's family lost their house and are living out of a local motel. His mom, dad, brother, sister and himself in one little room at a dingy motel.
Rachel and Finn went there and surprised Sam with his guitar that he had pawned for money for his family. Guess what I did... go ahead, guess. Yep. I cried.

Then the closing song of the episode was the entire Glee club performing "Don't Stop, Thinking About Tomorrow"
So yeah, I cried again.
It was just touching.
His little siblings were on stage with them and it was such a renewal of hope and a show of support.
I'm a baby, I know.
But I couldn't help it dammit!



The show had plenty of super funny moments as well.
Fondue For Two with Britney, definitely made my week.
Kristin Chenoweth is a goddess and I loved seeing her with Matthew Morrison again.
So it's not like I cried the whole episode, I laughed alot.

Let me ask this of you though... if you saw last night's episode and especially if you're a cryer, please let me know if you found yourself crying too.











2 comments:

  1. I am a season behind and I so hate you right now. SPOILER ALERT!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I didn't know! I'm so sorry!
    CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!
    Um, there's like so much that's happened this season that I haven't mentioned... so um, it's not totally ruined?!?!?
    I feel like an arse now.
    My bad.

    ReplyDelete