Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

There's been a lot happening in my little world recently. Not all good, not all bad... so I guess that really makes it about the same as everyone else's world then huh?

Let's see here... As of last Friday, I quit smoking. Like quit quit, hopefully my last time quitting too! But I have to say, this has been the easiest of them. I don't think I was ready to quit before and this time I feel like I am. Shew!

I got an opportunity to take an impromptu trip to Indiana and spent a wonderful weekend with my best friend in the world, Melissa. We even went back to our neighborhood and I got to see my old house, visit with the neighbors, eat my favorite pizza, etc. AMAZING. Plus, to make things even better, I got to meet up with my cousin Jake, his wife Lindsay, Aunt Roz, and Uncle Dave for drinks. We went to this cute place called Amore on the square in Crown Point and had delicious martinis. Never did I think that I would walk the square with a buzz... but now it has happened :p

I'm getting ready (well, July) to hit my one year anniversary at Dow and am hoping that they will decide to make my position permanent. I really like what I do and the people that I work with, so if this could become a permanent thing... huh, I'd be set!

I've been doing a lot of soul searching recently (not new) and seem to be finding my way to the truth (totally new). I think that the next few months might just hold some life changing decisions for me but I am looking forward to it. I want to grow and change and become the person I want to be, the parent I want to be. Change is exciting but certainly scary!

Rupert is officially 4 and a half and is completely obsessed with his next birthday. I've tried to explain to him a thousand times that he has six months to go but he just keeps telling me that he wants a Spongebob birthday with a bounce house and a pool... yeah right, I'll be more inclined to believe him in five months but certainly not now!

My sister, Elizabeth, is as big as a damn house with her third baby right now. Three kids, blargh! This one is a boy and they say they are done after him. I'm super excited for them and can't wait to meet my ONLY nephew! There will be a four year age difference between him and Rupert but they'll bond dammit because they have to, they're the only boys! :)

Otherwise it's just the same work and play, work and play as every other day. I'm just trying my best to mellow out, follow the high road, and do something right for a change... we'll see.




Melissa and me circa 1990

Melissa and me dancing at Celebration Station circa 1988

Melissa and me, Memorial Day weekend 2012

Corn fields look like my childhood

My childhood home looks remarkably the same


The Crown Point Courthouse

Lindsay, Uncle Dave, Aunt Roz, me, and Jake at Amore

Mr. Attitude aka Mini-me




No comments:

Post a Comment