Monday, November 7, 2011

Where my stitches at?

My obsession with knitting had dwindled for a few weeks, maybe it was the excitement of Halloween, maybe it was a depression, maybe (more then likely) it was just laziness.
But IT'S BAAAAACK!

This weekend I finished my first hat of the season (successfully sized hat) and I started on a black and white cowl and another hat.
I think it was finishing the first hat that renewed my interest.
Maybe I had lost faith in my wicked skills (ha!) or just thought that I would never finish all of these projects.


My friend Rachel modeling my hat!


My plan has been to knit all of my family a scarf/hat/mitten set for Christmas. Well now it's looking more like a scarf/hat set and then maybe some decorative stuff like cowls, shawls, and maybe a throw or two. We'll see.

I have the yarn... that's not the problem :)
I wish I could get paid to sit at home and knit.
Seriously.
That'd be amazing!

I even started knitting in the round last night!
It's amazing, I won't lie.
It took me a few years of off and on knitting to even move to circular needles (they intimidated the heck out of me!) and now I'm knitting a circle! What!?!?!
I think if I can get this down it will certainly make my hats a ton easier!

I have found a bazillion patterns, for anything you could possibly dream of, on Ravelry.com.

I cannot recommend knitting (or even crocheting) enough for anyone looking to be "productive" with their little bit of down time.
My all time favorite thing to do?
Knit and watch tv!

Check out some of these super easy things you can knit:



Infant Sleep Sack

Gorgeous scarfs


Coffee cozy

Slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment