Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's the date?

In a few of my past blogs (around Halloween) I bitched about how September and October flew by... well, it's happened again!
Somehow, unbeknown to me, it is almost Thanksgiving!

"How is that possible?" you say
"F*ck if I know!" I say

I was just getting ready for Halloween and now I am berated with Thanksgiving plans and planning for Rupert's 4th birthday and what freaks me out even more than those two things combined is that once they have passed... it'll be time for Christmas. AGH!

I am grateful that we got all of our Christmas/birthday shopping done the other weekend.
It took all of an hour or an hour and a half at Toys R Us.
Yep.
Done.

We haven't gotten anything for the adults in our lives but we will.
They tell us every year not to buy for them... but I just feel awful if we don't.

Anyway, enough about that horrible all consuming holiday.

I'm pretty sure the world is going to end.
Yep, end.
Like KABOOM! Bye bye humans.

I say this because it is currently 70 degrees and November 15th.
That's just not normal.
Apparently the weather is supposed to turn this week but I have an inkling that it's going to be a wretched winter.

Oh and I'm also thinking of banning Rupert from watching television... if I hear "I want ______________" one more time... I may scream.
I have tried telling him (thank you for the idea GG) that we don't get things we see on tv.
I have also tried telling him that it's rude and unnecessary to tell me that he wants every single thing he sees.
I even went as far as telling him only to tell me when he sees something that he doesn't want.
Nothing works.
Last night we had the following conversation: Me "Rupert, what did I say? We don't get things that we see on tv." Rupert "No, I want to go to the store to buy it."
What a stinker.

It's also a perfect example of the wonders of marketing.
He can tell you all about these toys/games/dolls he sees on tv... whether they are for a boy or girl 6 months or 12 years... he doesn't care. It looks cool and he wants it.

Oh the conundrum!
My favorite device working against me :(

On a more fun note, I finally got around to decorating for Thanksgiving the other day...


I saw these super cute fall tree "scene setters" and just had to get them

You can't quite see it but there are buckets of apples under the trees

Little turkeys and 3D leaf confetti

Rupert's decorated pumpkins from Halloween are staying too

In the middle is the amaze-balls record bowl from Kate's wedding

My monster pilgrim



I walked for my family in the Buddy's Race Against Cancer

Rupert the troll hunter

Action shot!

Staring down Daddy





1 comment:

  1. Love the decorations! I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving either. I think it might be my favorite holiday though because I get to cook and eat and eat and eat and eat..... :)

    ReplyDelete