Thursday, July 21, 2011

New stuff

I am loving my new job but I think that adjusting to the schedule might kill me.
I know, I hear you groaning, I only work 8-5... it's not like my mom who is awake at 5 am or shift workers, I know... BUT for me that's early! I've been on 10-530 for the past 4 years. This schedule has me getting up at 615 or 630 am.
I think I'm dying!

Not really, but I just can't seem to wake up and it has definitely slowed me down.
I used to get off of work and run errands, play, see friends, SOMETHING.
Now I go home and sit on the couch and stare at the tv waiting til 10 to go to bed.

Hopefully this will work itself out soon.
It's only my second full week of work, so I'm hoping week three will get my on the right track!

In other super exciting news, Chris and I saw Harry Potter 7 this weekend.
It was AMAZING!
I'm going back to see it tonight with one of my girlfriends, I can't wait.
I'm hoping to see it in theatre like 5-10 times. I normally wouldn't do that, or dream of it really, but its the LAST one, like THE END. So I have to soak it up because I'm a massive nerd!

We also have had some serious movie watching around the house recently.
I think this is to blame on the weather.
I know Kate, I know... BUT it's been ridiculous outside.
It's in the mid-high 90s with 90% humidity or however high it can go without actually raining.
So basically as soon as you walk outside you are wet and the air is so heavy that its like breathing in a sauna. Horrible, wretched, no good and very bad... that's how I feel about it and I don't even work outside like Chris or my Mom.
Anyway, the point was we've been watching a bunch of movies.
In the past month or so, I have watched:
Red Riding Hood (surprisingly good)
Gnomeo and Juliet (so cute)
Tangled (grand)
Rango (the first 20 minutes and we gave up, much cooler if you're an adult then it was to Ru)
The Runaways (good)
Buried (soooo good)
Grown Ups (hysterical)
Season Finales of Chuck and Castle
Every episode of this season's So You Think You Can Dance
Coco Before Chanel

And I can't remember anymore but I know there are a few that I missed.
So yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I think I may be keeping Redbox in business all by myself!

Rupert's been watching too much tv too.
His current obsession is Veggie Tales.
Please let me tell you how many times I've heard a snide "You know that's Christian right?"
ONCE AND FOR ALL... I AM NOT AN ATHEIST!
Jiminy Crickets!
I'm not religious, I'm agnostic.
Yes, I laugh at hokey junk because it's hokey junk... it's just more popular and they make more money because it's "christian"
That's what I roll my eyes about.
I don't like public displays of religion.
Is that so wrong?
I do my thing, you do yours, you don't have to shove anything down any body's throat.
ANYWAY, I love Veggie Tales.
Have since I was a teenager, like 17 or 18 but still.
They are hysterical and I love the Monty Python references and all of the other stuff that's snuck in there for the parents.
Plus, it's corny humor.
I LOVE CORNY HUMOR!
So yes, I not only let Rupert watch it, I encourage it.
It could be Muslim based or Jewish and if it were that funny, I wouldn't care.
Nothing wrong with it.

So now Rupert walks around randomly singing a really chopped up/off key variety of the Veggie Tales theme song. It's so stinking cute.
He's also currently, more then usual, obsessed with his wang.
Yep, his weewee, peepee, winker, etc etc
He's dropping trou and just putting it on things.
Things like the bathtub, the dog, the footstool.
It's getting a bit aggravating.
I try to tell him to put it up but next time I turn around it's out again.
He's not DOING anything, just literally putting it on top of something about the same height as his pelvis and giggling.
Boys...
I guess I had an extra appendage I'd probably do it too.





5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, we'll be having a boy in October, clearly this is going to be interesting. You know, the first time I saw Veggie Tales was 2 years ago and I'm not sure I had heard of it before then. But we're a mixed religion family so watching a religious cartoon would be unncccomfortabblleee. haha

    Anyway, it is HOT here too. 95 degrees with a heat index of 110 and killer humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, I forgot to say what I wanted to say in the first place. To combat the exhaustion, I say do not sit on the couch when you get home. Instead, run your errands and all that. If I give in to lazy and lay around, then I have a much harder time getting out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh! I LOVED Coco Before Chanel. I have netted it twice now! @ Elsa, I don't agree with some of the "beggie tales" stuff but for the most part I think it teaches good stuffs and is amusing. O really likes a song about liking kids with freckles and braces. haha.

    I've been getting up at 4, 5, 6am for 4 years now and trust me you NEVER get used to it. And I even do it now on Saturdays (on accident). it blows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I LOVE corny humor as well and HAVE LOVED veggie tales since about 16 or 17. I think we have intertwined destiny. If HP were to find our destiny's in the ministry of magic we would be connected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but when you're leaving the option of two religions, it's probably wrong to brainwash your kid with one religious cartoon. If we were the same religion, I wouldn't care as much.

    ReplyDelete