Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blueberry Buckle

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize for the super crummy pics, they were taken with my cell phone. 
Oh well! 
So, when I was growing up in Cedar Lake, my best friend's mom would make this all summer long. 
It has since remained one of my favorite desserts EVER.
Unfortunately this isn't HER recipe, its just A recipe. 
Still, it just about hit the spot.
 
In a large bowl, mix 3/4 c sugar, 1/4c shortening and 1 egg
(Looking back, you should probably use at least 1 c sugar for proper sweetness!)
 
 

 

In a smaller bowl mix 2c flour, 2tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt

 

Combine the dry mixture slowly into the wet mixture alternating with 1/2 c milk.
Then combine with 2c blueberries.





Pour mixture into greased 8x8 baking dish

 

 
For the topping combine 1/4c softened butter, 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1/3c AP flour
My butter was more melted then softened, note the chunk topping instead of crumbly. 
 
 

Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until golden



Wait for 20 minutes-ish so it can cool a bit but its still warm.
Then you eat it, duh!


No comments:

Post a Comment