Monday, June 6, 2011

Belated Anniversary and other things

Yesterday, Chris and I were given a belated anniversary present from my parents; they took Rupert for the afternoon so we could go see a movie and have a bite to eat AND on their dime. Best gift ever! :)

We looked at the movies and were shocked that this week there was hardly anything we wanted to see.
Most of the shows we were interested in were not out yet or had made it to the $2 show (whose movies started at really bad times for our schedule) or weren't quite on video yet.

After much discussion, we decided to see The Hangover II. We both wanted to see it anyway, but we didn't know if we wanted to spend the enormous amounts of money that it costs to go to the show on a sequel that might not be any good.

We got our money's worth and then some.
Holy hell balls!
We laughed until we cried.
I was holding my jaw because my teeth sockets aren't completely healed yet and it was starting to irritate them from laughing so hard.

SOOOOO worth seeing.
It's not one of those movies that requires a theatre experience but the lack of interruptions, therefore more focused attention, definitely helps.

We were so happy that we chose to see that instead of Thor or something.
We laughed the rest of the night about how funny it was.

Then we headed to Market Square to have dinner at Cafe 4 because neither one of us had eaten there.
*Side note, I have been there for their gigantic cupcakes and coffee but not food food.*
They have like fancy southern soul food stuff, so we were in carb heaven.
It was awesome.
Chris got the chicken and waffles, new to us both, and ate every bite.
Fried chicken with white gravy, waffles with a spicy sauce drizzled over them, mashed potatoes and green beans. He said the flavor combination was out of this world.
I had the french onion and bacon macaroni and cheese (still trying to stay on soft foods)
OMFG, soooooooo good. Soooooooooooo rich.
I probably ate less than a third of it because there was so much but it was delicious.
We also shared truffle oil and parmesan french fries for an appetizer.
I insisted on ordering these for the novelty of truffle oil on fries.
Once again, soooooooooooooooooo good.
We didn't even have room for dessert, which for me there is always room for, after all of those super heavy foods.



Also, this weekend I got to spend some extra quality time with my bff Adrienne and her little Averielle.
We had been too busy to get together for the past few weeks and we needed our time together dammit!
We hung out on Wednesday night, went shopping and colored AA's hair and then had date night on Friday evening which consisted of more shopping and hair coloring and a few hours of cruising random back roads, chatting and listening to 90s music without the kids. We are the only people who can have so much hysterical amounts of fun completely sober! On Saturday evening, we did it again! But for a little less time and alot less money!
It was so great to get to spend alot of time together, we are so the same person sometimes and it always makes us giggle. :)

In tooth news, I am almost completely healed!
I have two very small openings on the bottom jaw and that's it.
The surgeon told me on Friday morning when I had my stitches out that I should leave the packing out as much as possible because the gums will heal up in no time.
He wasn't kidding!
It's Monday and there's hardly any sign of the wounds left!
I am keeping my fingers crossed that by this coming weekend I can eat crunchy food again!
I have missed chips and salsa, nuts, bacon, vegetables, bread and everything else under the sun that hurts when it gets caught in the gaping holes in my mouth!
Whew hoo!

Rupert got to spend time with Nana, Papa and Keira while Mommy and Daddy went on our date Sunday.
They went up to a creek by the dam and played in the water, chased dragonflies and little fish, threw rocks, looked for salamanders and had a perfectly wonderful afternoon communing with nature.





1 comment: