Monday, January 23, 2012

Trying new things

I have found myself in a serious rut recently.
It's not just diet or sex or anything that important...
I have fallen hard into a terrible habit of routine.

When I get home from work (or up on a Saturday really), I don't feel like do anything.
Nothing. Zip. Nada.
I find myself sitting on the couch, drinking coffee, knitting the same old thing and watching tv while also glaring at the carpet that desperately needs to be vacuumed.
Do I do anything about it?
No.

I don't think it's depression and I can't blame it on winter because it's been in the 50's here all month, I'm just lazy. (Period dot, paragraph)
My dogs (all three) could use a bath and a brushing.
There is clutter on every surface in my house.
My side of the couch (yes, I hole up in one place) looks like a hoarder lives there.
I haven't even put away my laundry this month.

Now I ask myself why...
Why is my house so flipping dirty and I'm not doing anything about it?!?!?!

Maybe it's the fact that cleaning up after Rupert, myself, the dogs (not Chris bc he's awesome) and general cleaning is a non stop chore. I finish and it needs to be done again.

Maybe it's that I feel like we are bursting at the seams in our house.
It's about a 1,000 sq feet. Yep, smaller then a lot of apartments.
Perfect starter home... add a kid and *poof* I need 3,000 sq feet!

So not only is my house trashed but I've not been cooking, shopping, walking, playing, etc.
Literally my ass has been glued to my couch for a month.
Shame. Shame on me. I know.







I've been "letting" Chris bare the brunt of these responsibilities while I sit idly by and watch tv and knit.
Maybe it's just my knitting obsession is out of hand?
Neh, that's not it :)

So my new goal is to get my arse home this evening and clean off all of the surfaces in our dining room, living room, and Rupert's bedroom!
Then... I'll dust them!

For real, I have to motivate myself to do these things... how awful is that?

THEN if it's not pouring rain, maybe we will put Rupert in the stroller and go for a walk!
Ha!
Look at that, productivity and family time!

OK, so that's just the plan... we'll see how it goes.

But I put this out there to not only shame myself publicly but to motivate myself to get out of this rut!



*You can do it. You can do it. You can do it.*


No comments:

Post a Comment