Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Month In Review

I had all of these big plans of things that I would accomplish on my three week intermission from work, and blogging was one of them, but most didn't happen.
Instead of slimming down and doing lots of cleaning, I redecorated here and there, reorganized one room and then watched LOTS of tv and movies and had LOTS of fun with Rupert and our family and friends.
So it's not like it was wasted time or anything :)

I thought about doing a year in review (and I still might) but first I thought I would just do a month, because it's been a bit!

Working backwards (mostly), here are some of the things that we did during December:

Got a new dog, Puglsey. He's a 6 month old pug/beagle mix (puggle!! hehehe) and is officially Rupert's dog. So once he gets acclimated and properly potty trained he can sleep in Ru's bed with him so he won't be so "wone-we" at night.





We took a trip to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg for our friend Henry's birthday:







We celebrated New Year's Eve with my bestie, Adrienne, and her lovely family. Only our second NYE together in our 15 year friendship... weird, right?!?!?



This makes me look like I could swallow him whole, oh well, only one of the night!!


We also celebrated Adrienne's 28th year of life:





We took a little trip to the mall to see Santa while he was visiting from the North Pole:








Of course we also did some decorating at the house for the holidays:








Adrienne and I took the kiddos to the mountains for an unseasonably warm day:













It was so gorgeous, I just couldn't stop taking pictures!!!




We went to Nashville for an evening to celebrate Christmas with Chris's family, so for me that means a pop by Dolly Parton's house to see what's up:






And of course we got to see the family and tried to take a picture of Ru and Arianna:





Meanwhile, in K-town, my family from Wisconsin was in to visit us....
I unfortunately didn't take any pictures. Guess I was just too excited to see them.
My cousin Lauren probably has 800, so if I can get some, I will post them.

We did get 1 picture, and really it's worth a thousand words:


My Uncle Andy in the hat I gave him for Christmas... what a Yooper!



And for maybe the second or third time ever in my life, I woke up Christmas morning NOT at my parents' house.
They have decided I am old enough to start my own traditions with my own family...
I disagree because I'm only like what 15??? Oh... working on 28... I forget!

So here's what Christmas morning looked like at the Harris house:


We had to wake up Rupert so we could do presents and get to my parents by one or two!

Santa came!!

First look at the tree/presents

Presents on the tree

Mario plushes may have been one of his favs

Imaginext and games were the thing this year

Morning stretching

Opening presents will wear you out!

Monkey bread, mmmmmm....






I'm sure that I left out a million things and that there may be even better pictures, but you know what... just see them on facebook. This blog is long enough.


Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!










1 comment:

  1. I won't lie.... I love Dolly.:)

    And everything looks like fun. I love the mountains, I took a million pics when I went there as well. And your xmas decorations are pretty. I was kind of in a bad mood during the holidays so the decorating was minimal. But giving Mimi her giant princess castle was awesome, definitely the best part of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete