Sunday, August 21, 2011

T.G.F.B.

Thank God for Belk!

I have decided that against my will I have fallen head over heels in love with Belk.
They can be too overpriced, so I shop clearance, but they are the only store where I have found clothes that really really fit.
Like I can walk into the store, go to a section and a label and get a great pair of pants without having to try on 200 pairs, get pissed off, frustrated and finally leave in tears.
I now know that Kim Rogers sells dress pants that fit me perfectly and that Lee is my brand of jeans.
Until recently, I would always end up at Kohl's/Ross/wherever with 15 different brands, styles and sizes and leave with NOTHING.
For some reason, all jeans are 7 miles long and petites are too darn short.
I don't want my belly button covered with mom jeans and I don't want my crack hanging out like a hooker... so with these things in mind, and my body style, I was left with very few choices.
I know how ridiculously lame this sounds, but now shopping for pants is enjoyable and not a chore. I'll shop for shirts and shoes all day long but pants have always been overwhelming.
Poor Chris has been with me on a few of said trips over the years and he gets just as worn out and frustrated as I do, poor guy just doesn't understand. He has since given up on going with me at all and I think it's his own version of hell :)
But now if I rip a big hole in the back of my jeans by getting my pocket caught on the pinball machine in a bar (ie St. Patricks Day 2006) I can just walk in, pick up a pair and leave.
Oh, the joy :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't weigh much and I still hate jean shopping. The teen sizes always make my crack stick out...super classy at work.

    ReplyDelete