Monday, August 15, 2011

It's been awhile

It feels like I haven't had a spare five minutes to blog about the boring things happening in our lives, but that's a lie. Sunday, for example, I went shopping for a bit and then took an almost 4 hour nap with Rupert on the couch while poor Chris was left doing chores.
So, I could have blogged or even helped with chores but the nap sounded like such a good idea. I have to say, I don't regret it :)

What's new?

I am loving my job at Dow. I get treated like a real adult, it's weird but wonderful.

Rupert got his first green card today for the first time since basically starting daycare back. Maybe the cycle of mini-me is broken. Please keep your fingers crossed.

I joined a gym. Yep, signed myself up to a three year contract that is going to rob me blind but will also hopefully encourage me to move and MAYBE lose weight!

I am quitting smoking. Don't gasp in complete shock. No, hell did not freeze over and pigs are not flying. I found out that electric cigarettes aka "healthy cigarettes" are now within a normal price range, not the $300 they once were. So I invested in one. I literally left the gym and went to the smoke store :) So it has "atomized air" or something like that, that is basically vapor with nicotine that you inhale and fakes you into thinking you are really smoking. Down side, not as relaxing or fulfilling as real cigarettes. Plus side, no nic fits and no carcinogens, oh and breathing and smelling in ways I don't remember.
You know, not dying before my kid is 30 would be awesome.
I did encounter a little trouble, the cigarettes weren't holding their charge. I exchanged it for a new one today and it already seems to be working better. So onward and upward, or something else motivational :/

Rupert and I have spent zero time outside this summer. If this is global warming, I'm moving to Alaska. I know it's not as hot as poor Kate (pinkpancakes) has it in Austin, but it's still RIDICULOUS.
I am super looking forward to fall and living outside and especially in my yard with my pretty patio and Rupert's swingset. I mean c'mon, he's only been on the thing half a dozen times because it's been too hot to play outside. Crazy.
In fact, this evening we are supposed to see temperatures in the low 60s MAYBE high 50s. I almost died of pure happiness when I heard that. :)

Chris and I had a naked painting party a few weeks ago and repainted our previously fall-ish red dining room and hallway to "antique tan." We still need to paint the trim and do the living room and you know, a million other things. But the one section of paint has made such a huge difference. It makes the house seem brighter and prettier. It's awesome. Maybe one of these years we will get around to finishing the other 700 projects I want to do.

I am looking forward to a long weekend in Indiana in October for Kate's wedding and O's birthday. I can't wait for our monsters to meet! This is our second long weekend/vacation this year and it's much needed! I love going home to Indy and I haven't been there in the fall for years, so this will be wonderful and beautiful and awesome and stuff :)

OH! I had an accident Saturday morning... I ripped open the bottom of my foot (on the pad under the toes) on a raised nail in a threshold at like 745 Saturday morning. I wasn't even ready to be awake let alone in pain. SUCKY. I bought some liquid bandage and have been hobbling ever since. I hope it heals soon, especially since it gives me reason to not work as hard at the gym (or not at all). I don't need any help not going :) Stupid stupid nail. Ow ow ow. Rupert said "I can see your pain blood Mommy" So I tried not to make a fuss over it even though I wanted to cuss and cry. I was afraid of scarring him for life though, so I put on my big girl panties and got through it. Damn.

So that's about all that has been happening around here.
I'll try to get on here more often and keep things up to date with pictures and whatnot. You know, like I used to...

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You crack me up! a) naked painting = awesome. b) hot is sucky no matter what c) our monsters will destroy us and make up have gray hair by the end of the wedding. d) Yay! Green card e)D stopped smoking after like 20 years by using the e-cig and slowly stopping with it f) don't even lie you so "ripped open your foot" on purpose. I'd do the same thing. I hate gyms. Or in the words of the great Homer Simpson... "guymm? what's a guymm?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband smoked for..... forever actually. But I was not happy with that when we first met. I said I didn't want to date a smoker, so he said he would stop smoking that week. He hasn't smoked for 10 years, and he quit cold turkey. So you can do it!! (if not for your health, do it for you wallet, jeez they are expensive)

    And I NEED to work out BADLY!!!!! Don't bring that up please!!! :) Love the hot weather, and why were you painting naked??? lol

    ReplyDelete